Space Shuttle Discovery
This small kit card style solder kit uses a CR2032 coin cell battery to power 3 candle-style flickering LEDs.
- carefully depanelize the PCB by bending it
- optionally file or sand the rough edges
- pay attention to the orientation of the battery holder and the LEDs
- carefully bend the LED leads and solder them in place before assembling the plane
- slide the wings over the leg of the body
- pay attention to the polarity marks on the plane body and the baseplate
- solder the mechanical joints on one side first. This will allow you to make easy corrections when it’s not perfectly perpendicular
First prototype to verify the mechanical design.
Updated the mechanical design.